Thursday, October 23, 2008

My current status and workout

Well I never thought I would get here but I'm down to my wedding day weight. And I think I'm in better condition now at age 40 than I was when I got married back in my 20's. Funny huh?

I'm down to 191. I can feel my 6 pack emerging. Here's the workout routine I'm doing now, but I'm thinking I need to turn it up a notch more.

T/Th - I run intervals. 20 minutes tops - Warm up for 3 minutes. Then every other minute, sprint for 60 seconds, then walk for 60 seconds. I'm on one of those big LifeStyle treadmills. I crank it up to 9.5 or 10.0. It's a beating, but man does it work!

M/W/F - A buddy of mine who is a trainer clued me into this workout. It's centered around chin ups and dips using my body weight.

I do a circuit with 1 chin up, 2 push ups with my feet raised about 18 inches and using the "perfect pushup" device, followed by 3 situps with a 25 lb plate on a 45 degree incline bench.

Then I do 2 dips, 3 push ups, 4 sit ups just like before. Then 3 chin ups, 4 push ups, 5 sit ups. Now I add squats, curls and tri's to the circuit.

I work my way up to about 5 or 6 chin ups before I completely give out. But it's a good workout and I'm usually done in 35 minutes.

No rest between anything. You want your heart rate up the entire time.

Yes I'm still following the ABS Diet feeding plan. Probably always will. When I don't eat I feel sick. So I have to keep feeding myself. OH DARN!

Y'all keep at it! It does work - you get out of it what you put into it.

No comments: