Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My one weakness

I've been sticking to the ABS Diet and workout regmien very well. I'm down to 202.8 this week. Yay! And guess what, I can feel my abs! That's a first for me.

You'll laugh. The first time I felt a bulge in my abdomen I thought to myself "Is that a hernia? No can't be. I had that surically repaired when I was a kid...HEY THAT'S AN AB MUSCLE!" A very cool moment indeed.

The ABS Diet book allows you one cheat meal a week. Normally I don't need a cheat meal. If I do take a cheat meal it's Chicken Fajitas. And I skip the cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Mmmm. I could eat that every day.

My one weakness? Movie popcorn. Loaded with butter. I know I know. Millions of calories, truckloads of fat. But I can't stand it. It's part of the movie experience. Last time I went to the movies with my wife she brought carrot sticks and offered me one. I resisted the tempation to stick the carrot stick up her nose. I chose to pass on the carrot stick and just smell everybody else's popcorn.

This weekend I took one of my kids to see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. (Heavy sigh) My kid liked it, but it was the worst of the Indiana Jones movies IMO. It was a very average film. Not bad, but not good. Just seemed flat. Just one chase scene after another and not very much story. It felt a lot like National Treasure. The villan was lame. IMO, the story was weak to begin with. They could have done a LOT more with it. Harrison Ford still has enough left to carry the picture.

The highlight of the movie was sharing a bucket of buttered popcorn with my kid. Greatness.

No comments: